If you wish to explore mother nature from a new perspective, kayaking is the ideal water sport for you. Think of it as cycling, but on water! Whether you wish to have some peaceful me – time or spend a delightful afternoon with your loved ones, kayaking is the perfect new hobby to enjoy open waters.
It’s a relaxing experience as you gleefully paddle across your favourite location and appreciate the soothing tranquility of the scenery. Also it is an excellent exercise if you are looking for a high energy workout with low impact and a good way to increase your cardiovascular fitness.
Here are some essential beginner tips before you book your kayaking tour :
- Always accompany a travel buddy with you and never kayak alone.This way, if you face any difficulties, at least there’s someone to help you out.
- Stay in close proximity with other kayakers and make sure you are seen by others at all times.
- Always wear a lifejacket.
- Carry your sunglasses and lots of sunscreen to avoid harsh rays of the sun.
- Sober Up. Never kayak under the influence of drugs and alcohol.
- Always bring an extra pair of clothes and towel just in case you fall or get wet.
- A durable dry bag would be a good option to keep your belongings like phone, charger, other electronic accessories etc wet free.
The UAE is a hub for some of the most exquisite spots for kayaking. Below are some locations to try out this fun water sport :
- Dukes the Palm, Dubai
- Al Aqah Beach, Fujairah
- Marjan Island, Ras Al Khaimah
- Marina, Dubai
- Eastern Mangroves | Abu Dhabi